WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Assistant Controller – Corrugated Container - Norcross, GA
- Assistant Controller Plant Accounting - conduct the financial close for multiple plants
- Ensure compliance with WestRock accounting policies, review that internal controls are in place & working properly and maintain ledgers in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
How you will impact WestRock:
- Lead central accounting point of contact for a region of plants usually between 23 to 37 locations.
- Coordinate and support plant accounting activities and requirements between Accounting Hub, Corporate Departments and the operating plant environment.
- Full scope of plant focused accounting activities directly linked to General Ledger, Revenue, Fixed Assets, Inventory and Financial close.
- Provide accurate and timely financial plant reporting, review and analysis.
- P&L and Balance Sheet review and reconciliation.
- Assist with integration activities on any related merger and acquisitions.
- Monthly and Quarterly compliance - SOX documentation from field, site views and review.
- Supervise and develop accounting staff.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting) – Master’s Degree and/or CPA a plus
- Ten years of progressive experience in Accounting or related functions.
- Communicate effectively complicated concepts across functional groups
- High level of system knowledge and skills
- Experience and knowledge of business processes with the ability to design and implement improvements
- Work effectively within complex reporting relationships and provide speed of information
- JD Edwards, Hyperion and/or Access experience a plus
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.