WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Accountant - Norcross, GA
The Consumer Mill Accounting team is seeking an Accountant to be located in Norcross, GA. This individual will report to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with Division, Corporate, Business Unit plant personnel and other internal customers.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Journal entry creation and input into JD Edwards accounting system
- Monthly reconciliation and documentation of balance sheet accounts
- Accounts payable analysis and resolution communicating with vendors, operations and central AP
- Purchasing accruals for items not received in JD Edwards but physically received at the plant locations
- Quarterly search for unrecorded liabilities for items invoiced but not accrued in the prior period
- Utility accrual calculation and analysis
- Hourly labor accrual calculation and analysis
- Temp labor accrual calculation and analysis
- Invalid object account reclassifications
- Interaction with internal and external audit groups as needed to explain and provide evidence of process steps and controls
- Other general accounting duties
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Strong analytical mindset and ability required
- Practical knowledge and experience with the monthly closing process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office proficiency with intermediate Excel Required
- JD Edwards and Hyperion experience (preferred but not required)
- Blackline experience (preferred but not required)
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females Disabled/Veterans.