Inventory Accountant - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Accountant – Norcross, GA
WestRock is seeking to fill an Accountant-Inventory position located in Norcross, GA. The Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with other colleagues to dramatically improve processes. This is a great position for a professional who enjoys collaborating with others to creatively solve complex issues.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Assist with analysis, preparation of raw material and/or finished goods inventory valuations using actual and standard costing.
- Assist with maintaining data visualization tools (e.g. QlikView dashboards)
- Complete onsite physical inventory observations including written reports, etc.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, analyze variances and trends, and provide explanations
- Assist with the evaluation and performance of inventory control procedures.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare and book Journal Entries.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, not required.
- 3-5 years of experience with external/internal audit support.
- Prefer some experience in manufacturing environment with Inventory and Costing.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills with an emphasis in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- JD Edwards experience preferred. Comprehensive understanding of a various integrated financial and accounting systems.
- Proactive/self-driven work habits with demonstrated ability to improve processes.
- Very solid and well proven problem solving/analytical skills.
- General understanding of FASB and SOX compliance
- Ability to understand complex processes, document best practices and collaborate with others in new procedure implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities; must be able to work with individuals at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Ability to work in a structured, but changing environment
- Must be flexible and sensitive to meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative in problem solving
- Strong work ethic and integrity to behave in accordance with the Company values
- and operating principles
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.