WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Accountant - Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
The Accounting Services team is seeking an Accountant to support the implementation and ongoing accounting for multiple WestRock locations. This position is located in Norcross, GA and reports to the Manager, Accounting Services. The individual in this role must be a self-starter with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact with all levels of the organization.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Prepare accruals for payroll, utilities, holiday, vacation and temp labor
- Other miscellaneous accruals related to the divisional locations
- Review and analysis for plants outside expected tolerance range
- Review of JDE to ensure GL Coding is accurate
- Point of contact for divisional locations regarding accounting related questions
- Documentation of Accrual & Research processes
- Work with team regarding process improvements
- Provide updates to Management on a regular basis
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations within Blackline
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Strong communication skills
- Month end close experience
- Financial expertise and knowledge of financial principles in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to support plant initiatives, goals, and demonstrate a positive attitude towards others
- Sets priorities, establish objectives/milestones and schedule activities effectively
- Experience with JD Edwards, Hyperion, and Blackline
- High level of Microsoft Office expertise and proficiency at the advanced level with Excel
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.