WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Financial Analyst-Murfreesboro, TN
370 South Rutherford Blvd
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, 37130
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 50,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 320 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
Senior Financial Analyst will work in the preparation and review of internal and external reporting, various analytics, forecasts and budgets. Key areas of focus include revenues, sales volumes, operating costs, and customer profitability in support of the Plant, Business Unit, Area, and Regional Leadership teams. In addition, the Analyst will participate on various project teams. In performing these roles, the Senior Financial Analyst will be expected to interact with numerous functional departments (both at Corporate and at Division levels) and with all levels within the company. The position will improve the performance of the Plant or Business Unit through analytical support, facilitation and engagement. The role will also support the Division Hub accounting team.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Maintain and support sales monthly customer attrition tracking report.
- Utilize the PAT process to support corporate account and local account bids/analysis.
- Actively monitor the profitability of all customers, but in particular those with a negative contribution margin and/or profit.
- Maintain price increase tracking as necessary and support the process for price increase planning within the Business Unit.
- Obtain a working knowledge of all available sales analytical tools (sales forecasting tool, Focus 21, etc.).
- Provide analytical support for key manufacturing metrics including Performance Excellence, net waste, returns & allowances, machine performance, labor efficiency, capacity, headcount, safety, etc. Identify gaps and/or under-performance trends.
- Provide support for tracking identified opportunities to increase the efficiency of the converting equipment, and headcount reduction opportunities through the Manning Optimization process.
- Work with green belt leaders to track savings targets of Six Sigma projects. Collaborate with the Regional Manufacturing Manager and Six Sigma teams on kaizens and operational audits.
- Assist Business Unit management with tracking of the Run-To-Design initiative to improvement operating speed on corrugators and converting equipment to design specifications.
- Assist with all Business Unit CPERF economic analysis and maintaining modeling consistency (i.e., a standardized approach to calculating financial performance). Track the capital development and approval process with a specific emphasis on approval and expediting installation of all capital projects related to the Strategic Optimization initiative.
- Ensure Accounting processes and controls are implemented and followed.
- Field contact for corporate and hub accounting.
- Sarbanes-Oxley and WestRock policy and procedure compliance.
- Balance sheet, AR, AP, tax and other related inquires and requests.
- Assists in Inventory Reconciliation.
- Fixed Assets Audits.
- Internal and External Audit Support.
- Assist in resolution of remittance discrepancies.
- Contacts other departments and/or outside vendors/agencies to resolve A/P issues as needed.
- Establish working relationship and consistent communication with the Business Unit General Manager and Regional Finance Director.
- Build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Become knowledgeable in various financial and operating systems in order to provide support and direction as the Business Unit requires.
- Implement and administer procedures and best practices related to business support analytics.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant analysis experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MBA or CPA strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, passion for improvement. Enjoy working in a team/collaborative environment
- Advanced skills in Excel and Hyperion SmartView. Experience with Cognos and QlikView a plus.
- Ability to work independently, balancing routine responsibilities with ad hoc requests
- Able to thrive in a growing and fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in manufacturing industry preferred but not required
- Must possess potential to advance to a leadership role
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.