Fixed Asset Accounting Specialist
Provides administrative support for the Fixed Asset transactions in North American MPS facilities. Responsibilities include managing the capital project approval and tracking process in various systems and support for plant level issues including reporting, training, and budgeting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides administrative support to various departments for adhoc reporting.
• Enters and maintains capital request documents for both Budgeting process and actual initiated capital project.
• Facilitates PO releases for capital project purchases.
• Research and give recommendations on capital project questions.
• Train local plant employees to ensure they have the knowledge to accurately enter Fixed Asset accounting transactions.
• Utilizes system and manually accumulated capital project data to verify accuracy and facilitate reporting to upper management.
• Directly support the administrative requirements for the capital budgeting process for all of MPS.
• Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Associates degree or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have proven Excel experience manipulating raw data into management reports.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with MPS managers at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos.
• Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, and area circumference.
• Knowledge of office procedures and methods including, but not limited to, telephone communication, office systems, and record keeping.
• Personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.