The primary mission of the Financial Analyst is to support the Divisional Reporting & Consolidation Manger and global accounting team for the MPS division of Westrock. Providing comprehensive financial statement analysis monthly, quarterly, and annually; including providing information necessary for SEC reporting. Assist the corporate accounting team with projects that directly support the company/division efforts towards financial accounting standardization of systems, policies, & procedures.
How you will impact WestRock
- Supports the monthly consolidation and the related consolidated financial statements; supporting the HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) consolidations system.
- Maintain the monthly standard operating reporting packages for internal and external users – utilized globally for review of the business.
- Assists in adhering to a three business day closing schedule.
- Provides direction and guidance to business unit controllers on various financial reporting issues.
- Compile and review budget information provided by business unit controllers into a consolidated budget.
- Supports the collection of data from business units for annual reporting preparation.
- Prepares account reconciliations as assigned.
- Responsible for significant amounts of preparation of the Company’s annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Establishes and maintains procedures ensuring that inter-company accounts are balanced and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates and prepares audit requirements and financial statement analysis ensuring accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
- One to two years’ experience in corporate finance or accounting position preferred.
- Professional certification (CPA or CMA) is preferred, but not required.
- Must possess strong knowledge and practical application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Consolidation software experience such as Hyperion is preferred, but not required.
- Must be comfortable with an environment that is continually improving and changing.
- Project Management skills preferred.
- Experience in preparing plant financial statements a plus.
- Must be a quick study individual who is a team player.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.