About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Cash Applications Specialist - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The overarching goal of the Accounts Receivable department is to support the sales growth of WestRock while ensuring that the company’s cash flow and credit risk are maintained at acceptable levels. The Cash Application Specialist is tasked with prompt and accurate application of all customer payments, thereby enabling an effective collections process.
How you will impact WestRock
- Application of customer payments, including importation and application of cash batches, wires, credit card and ACH payments. Minimizing unapplied cash, overpayments and short payments.
- Collections Specialist interaction. Providing the necessary back-up for Collections Specialist and other collections personnel to complete customer account reconciliations, unapplied cash and other reconciling items; providing the necessary back-up to the Deductions Specialist to resolve short payments.
- Includes daily importation and balancing of batches
- Support collections efforts by applying cash per request of Credit Representatives and other collections personnel.
- Complete all reconciliations, write-offs and reapplications provided by Credit Representatives and other collections personnel.
- Apply all wires, ACH, and other electronic payments to customer accounts
- Regular filing of sales and cash batch back-up in a logical storage and retrieval system
- Reconcile all payments not applied through auto-cash process
- Follow and process check and credit card charge backs
- Pull, compile, prepare and distribute the AR Consolidated Reports
- Additional duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Generally, requires 3+ year’s experience in Cash Application and/or accounts receivable.
- Large company experience with high volume transactions highly preferred.
- Strong, proficient Excel skills; experience with pivot tables, formula and vlookup functions.
- Experience with JD Edwards is a plus.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.