WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Finance Intern - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Provide support to the company’s Finance department, including record keeping, creating various reports, and creating and updating spreadsheets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs various administrative functions and assists senior accountants.
Performs documentation of current processes using flowcharts and other tools.
Assists in the process of analyzing ways of improving communication and use of technology to achieve higher levels of profitability and services.
Creates and maintains confidential files.
Enters general journal entries.
Performs account reconciliations including inter-company accounts.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must be a sophomore or junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word applications and aptitude to effectively learn company specific accounting and operations systems.
- Must have basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.