Commercial / Pricing Manager
No.1 Hong Yuan Rd Eastern Section GETDD
WestRock, No 2 paper and packaging company in the world with a revenue about $20B.
WestRock makes consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with customers on everything from beverage packs and pizza boxes to paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together.
Every day, our 50,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in about 275 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs. We expect to win as a company and lead the industry by achieving success together with our customers, employees and investors.
MPS is one of Business in WRK, with 67 facilities and 10,000 employees. across North America, Europe and Asia.
Job title: Commercial Manager - WestRock MPS Asia Manufacturing
Location: Kunshan or Guangzhou
Report to: VP, Westrock MPS Asia
Turnover: about $ 120 M (804M RMB)
Team size: 6 employees
This role will lead the commercial function across the manufacturing sites in Westrock MPS Asia. Responsible for designing and implementing the Commercial strategy in Asia; this role will provide leadership and expertise in developing a culture of commercial accuracy and awareness in conjunction with the implementation of impactful and effective commercial initiatives across Asia MPS plants.
How you will impact WestRock
· Maintain Cost Estimating System for Carton/Leaflet/Label Manufacturing, efficiencies and rates (agreed with senior management)
· Establish Customer / Market specific Commercial approach – translating Cost Estimation Data to Market Pricing based on Customer/Market
· Manage all customer RFQ’s and tenders, and pricing policy
· Manage charging policy for non mass manufacturing costs
· Manage Team of Commercial Analysts and estimators, ensuring estimating assumptions are in line with the market and true capability.
· Main liaison between Sales and Operations teams with regard to cost/price expectations.
· Track commercial performance against customer agreements on price/volume
· Track margin performance against estimated expectation
· Track pricing activity and conversion rate – help shape Sales Strategy to one where MPS win, reduce inefficient targeting of non core products.
· Implement margin improvement projects through price, order intake management, reduced front end leakage
· Provide leadership and expertise in developing a culture of commercial accuracy
· Other Duties as assigned
What you need to succeed
· At least 5 years of capability relevant experience
· Proficiency at written English. Prefer some oral English skills
· Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, influencing and negotiating skills.
· Highly numerate with demonstrable data analysis skills and abilities
· Computer literate specifically in Excel and Power point
· Experience of batch manufacturing environments - able to appreciate process capabilities
· High level of confidence in promotion and selling skills
· Communication/presentation / negotiation skills.
· Customer relationship building and project management skills
· Commercial/financial awareness of margin recovery drivers
· Excellent knowledge of the business/ product range & capabilities/ manufacturing process/ information system
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.