GENERAL PURPOSE: Ensure the company maintains adequate financial and non-financial controls and that it leverages information technology in the accumulation, analysis, interpretation and distribution of financial information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Oversees and implements the company’s accounting and control functions.
• Provides overall leadership to the company’s business/financial planning and budgeting processed, ensuring that those exercise produce aggressive yet realistic plans for the company as a whole and for individual functions within it.
• Establishes and maintains procedures ensuring inter-company accounts are balanced and reconciled on a monthly basis.
• Coordinates and prepares audit requirements to reconcile inventory and provides analysis ensuring it is recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Establishes and maintains accurate closing of the financial records, targeting a five (5) day close procedure.
• Prepares internal financial statements.
• Performs various account analysis and account reconciliations.
• Provides management with timely, accurate, and relevant financial reporting that is meaningful to running the business.
• Works with business leadership and functional heads to ensure that financial reporting is oriented to the specific decisions each faces.
• Prepares product line profitability analysis and participates in the analysis and development of operating enhancement suggestions.
• Establishes and maintains machine rates for purposes of accurate costing and estimating.
• Provides leadership to the financial organization and the entire staff, ensuring that the function is properly organized, staffed, developed, motivated and compensated.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration from an accredited college or university.
• Certification such as CPA or CMA preferred.
• Must have a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting; experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Experience in creating an information system and platform that supports significant business growth preferred.
• Experience in creating and managing a changing financial organization as a strong Financial Accountant preferred.
• Must be able to think independently and grasp new concepts quickly.
• Must possess a strong work ethic.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.