What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Ensure the company maintains adequate financial and non-financial controls and that it leverages information technology in the accumulation, analysis, interpretation and distribution of financial information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Oversees and implements the company’s accounting and control functions.
• Provides overall leadership to the company’s business/financial planning and budgeting processed, ensuring that those exercise produce aggressive yet realistic plans for the company as a whole and for individual functions within it.
• Establishes and maintains procedures ensuring inter-company accounts are balanced and reconciled on a monthly basis.
• Coordinates and prepares audit requirements to reconcile inventory and provides analysis ensuring it is recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Establishes and maintains accurate closing of the financial records, targeting a five (5) day close procedure.
• Prepares internal financial statements.
• Performs various account analysis and account reconciliations.
• Provides management with timely, accurate, and relevant financial reporting that is meaningful to running the business.
• Works with business leadership and functional heads to ensure that financial reporting is oriented to the specific decisions each faces.
• Prepares product line profitability analysis and participates in the analysis and development of operating enhancement suggestions.
• Establishes and maintains machine rates for purposes of accurate costing and estimating.
• Provides leadership to the financial organization and the entire staff, ensuring that the function is properly organized, staffed, developed, motivated and compensated.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration from an accredited college or university.
• Certification such as CPA or CMA preferred.
• Must have a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting; experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Experience in creating an information system and platform that supports significant business growth preferred.
• Experience in creating and managing a changing financial organization as a strong Financial Accountant preferred.
• Must be able to think independently and grasp new concepts quickly.
• Must possess a strong work ethic.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.