About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Tax Analyst - Duluth, GA
3950 Shackleford Rd, Hampton Green
Duluth, Georgia, 30096
We are seeking a Tax Analyst based out of our Duluth, GA location. The Tax Analyst Administers the 1099/1042 tax reporting process through collection and accurate data gathering of W9/W8 information.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Utilizes spend reports and JDE data to determine whether a supplier’s spend is reportable to the IRS during the tax reporting period
- Ensures compliance of all policies and guidelines by staying abreast of all IRS changes and updates
- Periodically contacts suppliers to understand their business with WestRock, as well as, to collect supporting documentation
- Inquires with plant locations to request spend detail
- Reviews spend data on a monthly/quarterly basis to ensure a W9/W8’s are available, and requests documents as needed
- Provides annual data file to the IRS, reporting spend with WestRock suppliers
- Follows policy and procedures for ensuring the IRS B-Notice process is completed according to IRS regulations
- Assists vendors and field with all 1099 inquiries\
- Place suppliers on hold according to IRS rules and communicate to appropriate business units as needed
- The supplier analyst may also need to apply WRK funds to repay fines to the IRS and/or perform supplier withholding(s).
What you need to succeed:
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3- 5 years of related professional experience
- 1099/1042 tax reporting experience required
- W9/W8 maintenance experience required
- Experience with handling B-Notice's required
- Data reporting/analytical experience preferred
- JDE, SAP experience preferred
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.