WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Cowpens Mill is seeking a Financial Analyst who will be an integral part of the Financial Team working with other departments, Division and Corporate staff to provide data and analysis of Mill operations.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Provide analytical support to one or more of the functional areas of the West Point mill. Partner with the area team to identify, track and improve key drivers affecting performance and results.
* Analyze plant results and provide insight on variances to budgets and forecasts to area managers and the mill leadership team.
* Assist in the development of processes and procedures to improve the quality of financial analysis and drive stronger ownership and accountability of results.
* Active involvement in the forecasting and budgeting process.
* Support the monthly closing process by gathering and analyzing data required for journal entries and statistical postings. Review usage trends, income statement and balance sheet to ensure accuracy before the final close.
* Analyze accounts in the General Ledger System to ensure proper accruals of open purchase orders at period close.
* Develop reports required by local management, governmental agencies, Division and Corporate locations to provide insight into mill operations.
* Develop and maintain documentation of internal controls applicable to the assigned functional areas. Perform testing periodically and document results. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements.
* Participate in required physical inventories for internal and external audits. Provide requested documentation to both external and internal auditors.
What you need to succeed:
* Four year accounting/finance/business degree required. MBA, CPA or CMA a plus.
* Two years accounting experience required. Co-op experience is acceptable.
* Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
* Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
* Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
* Experience in JD Edwards, Hyperion, Kronos and PeopleSoft, a plus.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled