WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr Financial Analyst - Covington, VA
104 East Riverside St
Covington, Virginia, 24426-1238
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Covington, VA
WestRock is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who will be an integral member of the finance team supporting mill and division leadership. The Senior Analyst will play a key role in preparation of various analytics, forecasts and budgets. This role will be responsible for collecting and analyzing financial data to ensure timely and accurate completion of mill financial statements and reporting. This role will also identify drivers affecting performance and results. In addition, the Senior Analyst will participate on various project teams and be expected to interact with functional departments (both at Corporate and at Division levels). This role will specifically support the Mill Power & Recovery and Maintenance departments. It serves as the primary business partner to those departments, supporting day-to-day business analysis and reporting, along with cost management.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Analyze monthly results and provide insight on budget/forecast variances.
- Prepare monthly and full year forecasts, bridge analysis work and schedules which are utilized in monthly reporting packages and as part of monthly results calls.
- Play key role in development of the annual budget.
- Develop savings calculations for improvement initiatives and capital projects in the assigned functional areas.
- Partner with business through utilization of operational knowledge and business acumen to translate operational actions into financial impacts.
- Provide support and leadership to internal and external audit processes including maintaining compliance and documentation of internal controls applicable to the assigned functional areas.
- Support the monthly closing process by gathering and analyzing data required for journal entries and statistical postings, review usage trends, income statement and balance sheet to ensure accuracy before finalization of the closing process.
- Analyze accounts in the general ledger to ensure proper accruals for the period have been made.
- Assist in analysis of AP issues to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Identify and implement process efficiency improvements in all functional areas, including controls, closing, forecasting, budget, business partnering, and finance team development.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and business-related analysis and research as necessary, from an operations and business perspective.
- Establish working relationships with internal customers.
- Become knowledgeable in various financial and operating systems in order to provide support and direction as the business requires.
- Implement and administer procedures and best practices related to business support analytics.
- Develop relationships with peers at other mills, division and corporate to identify and implement best practices to the West Point Financial team.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Manufacturing/Industrial background preferred
- MBA or CPA strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, passion for improvement
- Enjoy working in a team/collaborative environment
- Advanced skills in Excel and Hyperion SmartView. Experience with QlikView a plus.
- Ability to work independently, balancing routine responsibilities with ad hoc requests
- Ability to thrive in a growing and fast-paced environment
- Must possess potential to advance to a leadership role
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.