About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Lead Financial Analyst-Cottonton, AL-Mahrt Mill
Highway 165 South, PO Box 40
Cottonton, Alabama, 36851
The Mahrt Mill Lead Financial Analyst reports directly to the Mill Controller with responsibilities including support and leadership of all mill finance and accounting functions. The Lead Analyst is responsible for the consolidation and analysis of all financial data to ensure timely and accurate completion of mill financial statements and reporting. The Lead Analyst provides analytical support to one or more functional areas of the Mahrt Mill and exhibits knowledge of the drivers affecting performance and results. The Lead Analyst operates with substantial latitude and only general supervision.
Lead finance role at a location with approximately $900 million annual sales.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Become knowledgeable and proficient in Hyperion reporting process including mapping/reconciling from SAP to JDE.
- Lead/facilitate monthly closing and reporting process for the Mahrt Mill
- Analyze monthly results and communicate variances to budget/forecast to area managers and the mill leadership team.
- Prepare the monthly and full year forecast, bridge analysis work and schedules which are utilized in the monthly reporting package as part of the monthly results call.
- Play key role in developing the annual budget for the Mahrt Mill
- Develop savings calculations for improvement initiatives and capital projects in the assigned functional areas.
- Identify and implement process efficiency improvements in all functional areas, including: controls, closing, forecasting, budget, business partnering, and finance team development.
- Be a business partner to key operating areas of the mill which requires not only operational knowledge and acumen but the ability to translate operations' actions into how this impacts the financials.
- Provide support and leadership with the internal and external audit processes including maintaining compliance and documentation of internal controls applicable to the assigned functional areas.
- High level of interaction and shared learning with peers at other mills and division accounting and finance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with 7 plus years of related professional experience.
- Special License/Certification Required: CPA or MBA would be a plus
- Strong accounting, controls, and analytical skills
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft software tools — namely Excel
- SAP/JD Edwards and Hyperion experience a plus
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner; ability to work with a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.