WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
| || || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
The Financial Manager I will, through fact-based analysis, provide insights, recommendations, analysis and drive improvements in operations, sales, and the overall profitability of the Area, Business Unit and Division. This position is considered to be a business partner to the Business Unit General Manager and/or General Manager, and accountable for the bottom-line results in conjunction with Plants, Business Unit, Area and Region management. Assist in developing talent, mentoring and coaching Financial Analysts and Financial Administrators.
| || |
How You Will Impact WestRock
| || |
General Business Support Analysis:
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis, and support variances from budgets and forecasts from a business perspective and work with management on problems/issues as identified and participate in providing solutions.
- Support weekly and monthly forecast updates from a business perspective, guiding Business Unit management on changes in volume and operating earnings.
- Analyze trends in manufacturing, sales and other related areas to better understand and manage the business. Provide a fact-based understanding of the bottom-line benefit for all Business Unit decisions and/or opportunities.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and business-related analysis and research as necessary, from and for an operations and business perspective.
- Work closely with Business Unit and Region sales management to implement a monthly customer sales trend and attrition tracking report. Create root cause assessments for customer attrition and develop action plans to reduce attrition rate.
- Utilize the PAT process to support corporate account and local account bids/analysis. Use the information to assist local management in improving operational and financial performance. Take an active role and ensure the successful transition of all won national and local bids / new business.
- Actively monitor the profitability of all customers, but in particular those with a negative contribution margin and/or profit. Work with Business Unit management to develop action plans to address customer profitability and track progress against agreed-upon goals.
- Actively facilitate the price increase tracking process for price increase planning within the Business Unit to ensure maximization of price increase efforts and enforcement of contractual terms. Provide accurate and timely information to Business Unit and Division management on targeted/forecasted increases planned and actual implementation across the Business Unit.
- Obtain a working knowledge of all available sales analytical tools (sales forecasting tool, Focus 21, etc.). Educate and train local Business Unit personnel in the use and understanding of the available tools to drive bottom-line results.
Operations and Manufacturing Support:
- Provide analytical support for key manufacturing metrics including Performance Excellence, net waste, returns & allowances, machine performance, labor efficiency, capacity, headcount, safety, etc. Identify gaps and/or under-performance trends and engage the Business Unit management team to develop solutions for operational and financial improvement.
- Identify fiber reduction and/or light-weighting opportunities and work with Business Unit management to take action and track the associated savings from targeted customers.
- Work closely with the Warehouse Optimization team to identify warehouses for elimination, develop transition plans to address warehouse inventory and timelines to expedite the realization of savings from warehouse shutdown.
- Work with green belt leaders to establish savings targets during the define phase of Six Sigma projects. Collaborate with the Regional Manufacturing Manager and Six Sigma teams on kaizens and operational audits.
Strategy and Capital Support:
- Lead the economic analysis of box plant footprint optimization cases within the Business Unit. Actively participate in providing assistance to the shutdown teams as required to achieve agreed-upon transition timelines.
- Assist Business Unit and Division management to implement the Run-To-Design initiative to improvement operating speed on corrugators and converting equipment to design specifications.
- Responsible for all Business Unit CPERF economic analysis and maintaining modeling consistency (i.e., a standardized approach to calculating financial performance). Responsible for driving a sense of urgency regarding the capital development and approval process with a specific emphasis on obtaining approval and expediting installation of all capital projects related to the Strategic Optimization initiative.
- Work closely with Business Unit and Division management to develop and implement additional strategic profit improvement initiatives.
Accounting, Process and Regulatory Support:
- Ensure Accounting processes and controls are implemented and followed.
- Field contact for corporate and hub accounting.
- Sarbanes-Oxley and WestRock policy and procedure compliance.
- Balance sheet, AR, AP, tax and other related inquires and requests.
- Assists in Inventory Reconciliation.
- Fixed Assets Audits.
- Internal and External Audit Support.
- Assist in resolution of remittance discrepancies.
- Contacts other departments and/or outside vendors/agencies to resolve A/P issues as needed.
Assists in developing talent, mentoring and coaching Financial Analysts and Financial Administrators.
- Direct, train, coach, and mentor employees while demonstrating WestRock's core behaviors
- Responsible for performance evaluations & employee development plans are done effectively and on-time
Other Support / Responsibilities
- Establish working relationship and consistent communication with the Business Unit General Manager and Regional Business Analyst.
- Build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Become knowledgeable in various financial and operating systems in order to provide support and direction as the Business Unit requires.
- Implement and administer procedures and best practices related to business support analytics.
What You Need To Succeed
| || |
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Prior industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical ability / perspective required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and completely self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong PC skills in MS Excel / Word / PowerPoint, pivot tables and data mining.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
| || |
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.