WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
VP Controllership, Consumer Packaging
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
The VP Controllership, Consumer Packaging is a key leadership role within the Controllership and Consumer Packaging Segment Finance teams and has primary responsibility for the accounting and internal controls for the Consumer Packaging Segment.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Lead the Consumer Packaging Controllership team with a focus on talent management and development. Ensure a high-functioning organization with emphasis on expertise, accountability, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Advise the Segment leadership team on the accounting implications of strategic transactions and business changes.
- Lead the month-end accounting close process for the Segment and partner with the Shared Service and Corporate accounting teams to ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards.
- Partner with the Technical Accounting team on researching and concluding on complex accounting issues and the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Help develop Segment disclosures and commentary for SEC filings.
- Ensure an efficient and effective internal control environment is maintained for the Segment, identify control deficiencies, and formulate and implement solutions to address.
- Play a key role in the external audit, internal audits, quarterly reviews, and ongoing controls testing by preparing audit requests and working with the auditors to explain and document various transactions, business process and internal controls.
- Contribute to the preparation and review of materials for Board of Directors and Audit Committee meetings.
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of the Controllership operating model, business process transformation initiatives, and business development projects.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement focused on automation and data analytics to shorter the close cycle time, reduce risk and improve decision making.
- Prepare budget and regular forecast updates for the team.
- Be a visible leader across the broader Controllership and Finance organization, contributing to key operating mechanisms and team engagement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Travel as needed, 10-20% (currently 0%).
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
20+ years of experience preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience and a proven record of leading high functioning diverse teams in related roles, such as corporate accounting and business unit/segment controllership.
- Experience working in a large, complex, multi-national company.
- Effective leadership, mentoring, and talent development skills.
- Strategic thinker capable of translating a vision into tactical execution.
- Strong technical accounting background, with ability to effectively research accounting standards and document conclusions.
Able to tailor communication and key messages to the audience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Change agent with the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams.
- Capable of working in fast-paced, growing, and changing environment.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.