WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr Financial Analyst
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 45,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 300 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
Location and/or Business/Division Details (if applicable)
Title: Senior Financial Analyst, Corrugated Segment FP&A – Atlanta, Ga
WestRock is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who will be an integral member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. An individual with a high level of accountability, initiative, and analytical capabilities. The Senior Financial Analyst will support the preparation of various financial analytics, budgets, and forecasts. This role will be responsible for collecting and analyzing financial data to ensure timely and accurate reporting. This role will also help to identify drivers affecting financial performance and operating results. This position will have responsibility for maintaining and strengthening relationships with the division finance teams to ensure accurate and timely reporting and benchmarking of productivity, and other ad-hoc data. This position will be expected to interact with numerous management levels within the company.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly EBITDA bridge templates for the division finance teams
- Assist and prepare monthly and quarterly segment EBITDA bridges to quantify and explain business results
- Analyze monthly financial results and provide insight on variances to budget and forecasts
- Accountable for preparation of weekly EBITDA tracker and provide variances to forecast
- Provide analytical support and help identify and improve key drivers affecting financial performance and operating results
- Partner with Corporate FP&A to create a monthly segment finance calendar with key deadlines and deliverables
- Assist with developing reports and presentations to communicate operating and financial performance to leadership and senior management
- Assist with financial modeling in support of business strategies
- Assist with developing reporting databases to drive consistency in financial practices
- Prepare and submit Hyperion loads for topside entries during the forecast period
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and work with division / segment finance teams to design / produce value-added analysis and reporting for leadership and senior management
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong analytic / problem-solving skills, attention to accuracy and details, mindset of continuous improvement, and desire to work in a team / collaborative environment
- Self-starter / self-motivated and able to work independently, balancing routine responsibilities and ad hoc requests with a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and timely
- Solid written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels within the company.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.