WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Financial Analyst-IT-Sandy Springs, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
As a Sr. Financial Analyst, you will support IT management in the creation, maintenance, and distribution of financial performance reports. This will include developing automated consolidated financial reports using excel and Hyperion Essbase, reviewing and analyzing consolidated forecasts and budgets and performing detailed variance analyses using operationally focused explanations. You will also develop an expert understanding of WestRock’s reporting structure. As you work side by side with the finance team, IT managers, and other key individuals, you will establish analytic frameworks and obtain fact-based metrics to populate financial models; oftentimes under tight deadlines. While performing your daily tasks, you must always keep your eye on the big picture; this skill will be invaluable as you may assist in the development and coordination of the annual planning process.
- Supporting the SG&A budgeting and forecasting for the IT function, this includes setting timelines and providing input and analytical guidance during the SG&A and headcount budgeting & forecasting process and pre-reviews with IT leaders
- Supports IT leaders with the SG&A forecasting process and highlight items of concern such as forecasting issues and points out areas of opportunity
- Performs financial analysis and variance analysis – Develops operational analyses, providing key insights into performance and identification of emerging trends
- Responsible for generation and maintenance of IT project trackers and variance analysis, and provides support and solutions to project managers to maintain spend within approved budgets
- Generates monthly analysis (reporting packages) for IT VPs and IT Directors for their areas of responsibility including SG&A accounts and headcount
- Participates in the maintenance of the IT financial management tool, reconciliations to Hyperion and maintenance to ensure validity and accuracy of financials reflected for actuals, forecast and budget.
- Generates and maintains training materials and IT Finance policies in accordance with US GAAP guidelines and WestRock accounting policies
- Maintains a regular dialogue with cross-functional departments, primarily with corporate accounting, procurement and the ePMO
- Responsible for identifying IT integration projects and provides guidance to IT managers in coordination with corporate accounting
- Maintains a monthly reconciliation of IT integration expense
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Preferably CMA or MBA certification
- 5+ years progressive work experience in financial analysis and/or accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Access and other financial tools etc.
- Experience with Hyperion/HFM and JDE is required.
- Working knowledge of GAAP. Working knowledge and work experience supporting the IT function is a plus
- Skilled in financial modeling, creating business cases and data analysis
- Skilled in working with large data volume
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
- Possess superior time management skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to all levels of management
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.