Senior Director, Financial Systems & Transformation
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Director, Financial Systems and Transformation - Atlanta, GA
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Senior Director Financial Systems will lead the Financial Systems team with a focus on talent management and development. Ensure a high functioning organization with an emphasis on expertise, accountability, and cross functional collaboration.
How you will impact WestRock:
Partner with stakeholders to identify key objectives and with IT to define relevant and appropriate tools to meet those objectives. Appropriately transition the vision to a tactical plan of execution.
- Define and execute a strategic vision for Finance systems.
Ensure engagement of all relevant stakeholders and identification of requirements from both a system and process perspective.
- Represent the Finance organization on all projects that impact financial systems and/or the Finance organization.
- Play a key role in leading and supporting large scale transformation initiatives and integration activities across the organization.
Support a continuous improvement mindset.
- Assume ownership of and influence relevant “in flight” projects.
Represent Finance in the tollgate process for all other projects where Finance is a key stakeholder. Provide leadership, system/process guidance and final sign-off.
- Ensure appropriate execution of the systems tollgate process for all Finance lead initiatives.
Identify suitable resolutions and successfully execute to achieve desired outcomes. Monitor outcomes to ensure desired results are met.
- Collaborate with IT and business leadership to understand and define system/process issues.
- Provide guidance to broader Finance team on the potential system implications of changes to financial master data, system configurations and key financial processes such as eliminations and inter-company processing.
Develop training materials and administer timely and accurate training to global teams.
- Develop a framework for educating users on HQ financial systems leveraged for closing and reporting.
- Support integration of acquisitions into the financial systems landscape, including master data, integrations and required reporting.
- Travel as needed, 10-20% (currently 0%).
What you need to succeed:
Sound understanding of finance and accounting processes and the automation tools used to facilitate/enhance those processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- 15+ years of progressive experience and a proven record of leading high functioning diverse teams with finance process and systems expertise.
- Experience working in a large, complex, multi-national company.
- Strategic thinker capable of translating a vision into tactical execution.
- Project management capability having implemented ERPs and/or similar IT focused tools such as Hyperion and Blackline.
- Previous experience with JDE and multiple legal entities is desirable.
Able to tailor communication and key messages to the audience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Change agent with the ability to influence and lead cross functional teams.
- Capable of working in fast-paced, growing, and changing environment.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.