WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Manager of Pricing - Food & Beverage
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
The Manager of Food & Beverage Americas Pricing is responsible for the advancement, management and execution of the Food & Beverage Americas pricing strategies, tactics, analytics and processes. This position reports to Sr. Director of Americas Converting Pricing and is closely involved in developing the roadmap for the transformative change in pricing as well as the communication and execution of the enhancements. This position’s objectives include contributing to the company’s financial goals and positioning the company for long-term growth and profitability. This role requires a lot of hands-on work, efficient task management, close partnership with multiple stakeholders up to VP and EVP levels and effective introduction of best practices.
The Manager supports the Food & Beverage Americas business, typically with the activities listed below:
- Closely engage with multiple stakeholders in Pricing, Finance, Sales, Operations, and others to identify their goals, pain points, process gaps and necessary improvements to help develop and drive the pricing transformation vision, roadmap and new capabilities and enhancements.
- Owns framework for management and maintenance of Internal Pricing included but not limited to Transfer Price policy and monthly records, Manage and audit price changes, Monitor progress of price changes, Update FX changes, Calculate and confirm price changes/dates for PPW market-related changes, and provide forecast to Finance and local BU’s.
- Partner with Deal Desk Team to create, maintain, and update selected customer price models including any underlying cost and pricing guidance tables as well as update cost input models for a selection of customers. Recommends contract language, including price change mechanisms
- Provide analysis to support commercial discussions, and to highlight give-gets
- Provides data-driven analytics tailored to the specific business situation and thoughtful recommendations and insights to drive leadership discussion
- Develop the framework, process and tools to collect, track and disseminate customer profiles and competitive intelligence and to advance customer and product segmentation in partnership with other stakeholders. Collect and systemize information on competitive capabilities vs WestRock to provide actionable data-driven pricing and strategic decisions
- Engage with pricing stakeholders in sister divisions to share knowledge and best practices and to work towards process alignment where necessary
- Continuously elevate pricing and business intelligence analytics by enriching with important product, customer, competitive, capacity and other internal and BI data
Ideal Candidate Requirements
An ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Relevant experience in a B2B business, preferably in a large public company
- High business and financial acumen with a track record of effective partnership with key stakeholders
- Outstanding analytical mindset and skills; proven record of building sophisticated models, analytical tools and frameworks.
- Proven data analysis experience and solid grasp pricing models and techniques.
- Advanced Excel required; must be proficient in PowerPoint. Intermediate level of proficiency with common BI tools: SAS, BI Objects
- Highly collaborative leader with executive presence and proven experience performing advanced analyses, articulating and explaining analyses, and presenting results to all levels of the organization
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision. Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Work Experience Requirements
- 8+ years of overall work experience
- 5+ years of relevant pricing, analytical experience; pricing and/or function transformation experience
- 4+ years of relevant manufacturing industry and B2B environment experience