About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Freight Accountant – Sandy Springs, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Freight Accountant – Atlanta, GA
The Freight Accountant will support the implementation and ongoing accounting for 20-25 locations. Individual must be a self-starter and have leadership skills to advance the organization. Must be strong in communication skills both written and verbal to interact with all levels of the organization.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Freight analysis for assigned plants
- Follow-up with plants outside expected tolerance range
- Review of Cass reports and JDE to ensure GL Coding is accurate
- Work with WestRock Freight Audit & Payment group on rate issues
- Point of contact for plants for accounting related questions
- Documentation of Accrual, Payment & Research processes – Cass system and reports/JDE/Hyperion/Carrier
- Work with Cass and WestRock Freight Audit & Payment group on process improvements
- Provide updates to Management on a regular basis
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Intermediate level accounting experience 3-5 years’
- Month end close experience
- Has financial expertise and how to apply financial principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to build effective teams and support plant initiatives, goals and demonstrate a positive attitude towards others.
- Sets priorities, establish objectives/milestones and schedule activities effectively.
- JD Edwards
- High level of Microsoft Office proficiency with advanced level of Excel required.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.