The Executive Assistant provides high level executive and administrative support to the Senior Vice President Finance. He/she provides scheduling, administrative functions, record management, travel (including domestic and international), department purchase orders and invoices, drafting and editing of presentations, handles highly confidential issues and matters of sensitive nature. This position is required to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications from internal and external sources. Must be able to anticipate the needs of the Executive and act accordingly
How you will impact WestRock:
• Manages Executive’s calendar. Keeps Executive apprised of appointments/meetings or schedule changes and ensures Executive has appropriate documents for meetings. Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio visual and telephony equipment for meetings and conferences as requested.
• Processes invoices and purchases orders. Reviews expense reports for ensuring appropriate coding and expenses are in line with Company travel and expense policy.
• Manages travel arrangements and proactively coordinates the pre-planning of trips including securing visas, hotels, transportation, processing passport renewals and other information as needed.
• Serves as liaison with staff from other organization functions as well as external clients and customers.
• Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
• Develop a good working relationship with all levels of staff in all departments
• Responsible for PowerPoint presentations as required for all special projects supporting the Executive level team.
• Performs various administrative tasks including ordering of meals and office supplies.
• Support other team activities as needed.
What you need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 5 years minimum related experience.
• Experience working with a large publicly traded organization preferred.
• Microsoft Office (Strong proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Technical ability with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials and ability to establish priorities.
• Experience working with Board of Directors and shareholders.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Focused, dedicated, and organized with strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
• Able to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and collaborate with employees at all levels.
• Professional conduct and discretion exhibited at all times.
• Demonstrated ability to think and act quickly and solve problems using sound judgment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.