WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Corporate Finance Intern
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging
solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members
support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations
spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more
Intern, Summer 2019 – Atlanta, GA
WestRock, a publicly traded company with over $20 billion of revenue, is currently seeking Finance Interns to participate in a 10– 12-week summer internship based at our headquarters in Sandy Springs, GA.
Interns will be placed in one of our Corporate Finance areas. Focus areas for the internship include financial statement analysis, financial reporting, data analysis, customer profitability analysis, forecasting and budgeting, discounted cash flow analysis, strategic modeling and return analysis at both the business segment and corporate level. Upon successful completion of the program, interns may be eligible for our full-time, two-year rotational Finance Development Program. Program benefits include a Program Sponsor, Program Mentor, training, travel, networking events and volunteer opportunities.
What you need to succeed:
· Should be pursuing a degree in: business, finance, economics,
mathematics or accounting
· Minimum of a 3.2 GPA is preferred
· Strong interest in corporate finance and leading others in a
· Relevant experience including internships, co-op assignments and
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Willingness to work in Sandy Springs, GA
· Willingness to work in or travel to manufacturing / production
How you will impact WestRock:
- Prepare and analyze standard monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Support consolidation of quarterly forecasting and identify opportunities for
process improvement and standardization
- Prepare and analyze data focused on mill and plant profitability, customer
profitability, region profitability, etc.
- Create discounted cash flow analyses to support investments in capital expenditures and
other strategic investments
- Help drive process improvements and standardization to drive consistency in financial
practices across the organization
- Optimize and rationalize reporting and enhance reporting databases
Support mill and plant-based variance analyses focused on sales, cost, freight expenses and
other material variances
- Add value -Identify cost savings and/or cost reduction opportunities in business
process, operations and/or production
- Financial modeling and return analysis for strategic projects
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse
workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.