Staff Auditor - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Staff Auditor – Atlanta, GA
This position will be responsible for assisting and executing assurance and advisory Internal Audit (IA) projects including financial, enterprise, and technology related audits, Sarbanes-Oxley testing activities, and external Audit Direct Assistance procedures included within the annual Internal Audit plan.
This role will support the department's aspiration of creating a strong risk/control assurance function, being consistently sought out for risk/control advisory services, delivering respected, valued, data-driven risk/control insights, and positively influencing continuous improvement of the changing global risk/control environment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Assist in the execution of internal audits of the Company's compliance, operational, and financial policies, procedures, and processes to ensure reliability and integrity of information, proper recording of transactions, safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies and procedures, achievement of operational goals and objectives, and effective and efficient use of resources
- Execute compliance, operational, and field audit testing in addition to walkthroughs, internal control operating effectiveness testing, and substantive procedures to support the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Program; document work performed, and communicate exceptions/deficiencies to internal audit management
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditor; provide appropriate support to the Company's external auditors in the performance of walkthroughs, as well as internal control/substantive testing
- Support all functional areas of Internal Audit including executing operational audits, plant audits, and regular inventory observations
- Execute work in compliance with department and company policies; support continuous improvement of IA approaches, tools and methodologies, and productivity; support an internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program to maintain compliance with The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Mentor and onboard internal audit interns
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Available to travel approximately 30%, which may include periodic weekend travel
- Prior relevant internship or part-time experience
- Master’s degree/MBA Plus
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE Plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with key stakeholders and leaders
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills both verbal and electronic formats
- Strong technical abilities, working with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new IT Systems efficiently
- Data analytic skills, utilizing data and transactions to identify errors and provide business insights; strong problem-solving skills
- Accounting, Auditing, Financial Reporting, COSO, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.