WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Manager Finance, Integrated Business Planning- Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Senior Manager Finance – IBP Innovation
The Senior Manager Finance is a highly visible role that provides key financial reporting and analysis to Innovation leadership team for all development projects within the $6 billion Consumer Packaging segment of WestRock. The position regularly interacts with senior finance and operational leadership. Responsibilities include the development of complex business cases for development projects, the performance tracking of project delivery both historically and a five-year forward view, and leading ad hoc analysis for the Innovation team. Examples of other responsibilities include reviews and updates for all the stage gate reviews over the product lifecycle including the tracking of post launch success, the evaluation of innovation driven capital projects, maintaining the five-year forward view of innovation and the facilitation of the integration into the five-year financial model. The position reports to the Sr Director Finance, Integrated Business Planning for Consumer Packaging. The position directs the activities and ensures the quality of deliverables for a shared Manager, Finance IBP resource.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Highly visible role to segment, division and function leadership supporting the Consumer Packaging Segment in all aspects of financial analytics and reporting for Innovation projects
- Provide accurate and thorough reporting and analysis to Consumer Packaging leadership.
- Support senior finance and operational leadership as a strategic business partner; facilitating the transfer of Innovation projects into the long-term planning process for the Segment.
- Work closely with division and segment finance teams in a collaborative role to obtain information required and to share insights and implications on the financial outcomes for the segment.
- Collaborate with the Innovation leadership on the design of Enterprise wide KPIs. Lead the data collection and performance tracking for Innovation KPIs across Westrock.
- Define and lead financial analytics for Innovation Product Development cycle for the Integrated Business Planning Process for Consumer Packaging Segment
- Design complex financial models to capture the economic impact of product development projects. Projects have wide variability and typically range from the production of new board products and conversion of board to cartons. These base development projects often extended to include subcontracting for adding barriers to board, subcontracting for conversion, inclusion of machinery development to support carton conversion, procurement of different fiber options or new forming applications, etc.. The financial analysis could include capital investment decisions and incorporates both P&L impacts, cash flow projections and NPV.
- Extend analytics to support longer term projects – H2 and H3 (requiring new Consumer Segment capabilities around forming and coatings)
- Partner with the Innovation Project Leadership to integrate inputs for the Stage Gate reviews, to identify ands resolve inconsistencies in viewpoints, and to inform on the economic viability of projects.
- Collaborate with a wide array of functions to coordinate inputs, analytics to ensure viability of inputs, and alignment with the product development evolution through the stage gate process.
- Seamlessly navigate up and down the organization to provide visibility of key decisions and to drive decisions at the appropriate level.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the business ranging from product development, marketing, commercial, board production, product costing, conversion of board to cartons, subcontracting, 3rd party application of board coatings, machinery development, etc.
What you need to succeed:
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting; CPA or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience with relevant and increased responsibility in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience with global finance and manufacturing is a plus.
- Proactive, self-starter and independent thinker with strong technical and financial experience, with ability to understand complex data, leverage economic analytics, evaluate costs and other business intelligence capabilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with all levels in the organization – tailoring communications effectively for different groups and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with desire and ability to work in a team/collaborative environment and build rapport with senior leaders, finance professionals and functional teams, ability to work remotely with global team members.
- Experience managing multiple direct reports is a plus
- Experience using WestRock’s financial systems, including Hyperion and JD Edwards, as well as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy and passion for improvement.