Senior Auditor, Financial- Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Auditor (Financial) – Atlanta, GA
This position will be responsible for executing assurance and advisory Internal Audit (IA) projects including Sarbanes-Oxley testing activities, external Audit Direct Assistance procedures, as well as financial (primary), enterprise, and technology related audits included within the Internal Audit plan.
This role will support the department's aspiration of creating a strong risk/control assurance function, being consistently sought out for risk/control advisory services, delivering respected, valued, data-driven risk/control insights, and positively influencing continuous improvement of the changing global risk/control environment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Assist in the planning and execution of internal audits of the Company's financial (primary), compliance, and operational policies, procedures, and processes to ensure reliability and integrity of information, proper recording of transactions, safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies and procedures, achievement of operational goals and objectives, and effective and efficient use of resources
- Assist in the planning and supervision of and execute walkthroughs, internal control operating effectiveness testing, and substantive procedures to support the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Program in addition to compliance, operational, and field audit testing; document work performed, and communicate exceptions/deficiencies to Internal Audit leadership
- Work closely with the Company’s process owners and external auditor; provide appropriate support in the performance of walkthroughs as well as internal control/substantive testing
- Support all functional areas of Internal Audit including executing operational audits, compliance audits, plant audits, technology audits, and regular inventory observations
- Execute work in compliance with department and company policies; drive continuous improvement of IA approaches, tools and methodologies, and productivity; support an internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program to maintain compliance with The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Relevant experience required which must include at least 2 years’ experience with a Large Public Accounting/Consulting Firm (Audit or Advisory Services serving public companies) or 3+ years of industry experience with a large Public Company Internal Audit or SOX department
- Prior experience in working within project teams of at least 2+ members and experience in effectively working in a large team environment (within the department and on cross-functional teams) to solve multi-faceted business issues
- Available to travel approximately 30%, which may include periodic weekend travel
- Master’s degree/MBA Plus
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE Plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with key stakeholders and leaders
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills both verbal and electronic formats
- Confident working with individuals at various levels of an organization in a consultative manner
- Strong technical abilities, working with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new IT Systems efficiently
- Data analytic skills, utilizing data and transactions to identify errors and provide business insights; strong problem-solving skills
- Accounting, Auditing, Financial Reporting, COSO, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.