WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Mgr International Tax - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Location and/or Business/Division Details (if applicable)
Title International Tax Manager
Location, State: Atlanta, GA
WestRock is seeking an International Tax Manager located in Atlanta, GA. This position will have exposure to work in all areas of international corporate taxation, including but not limited to tax planning analysis and research, transfer pricing and other cross border tax reporting requirements, controversy defense, compliance, reporting and forecasting. This position will provide the opportunity to work for a dynamic global company with ability to develop best practices, grow tax technical skills and work cross functionally with other departments in the organization while supporting the business needs related to global transaction taxes
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide strong tax technical experience to support the Company’s tax compliance, planning, transfer pricing and controversy defense.
- Responsibilities within the global transfer pricing function, including but not limited to, oversight of BEPS and CBCR reporting, review and management of intercompany agreements, permanent establishment, withholding tax and tax treaty research and oversight into the overall functional analysis to develop consistent and supportable global transfer pricing methodology.
- Support the U.S. international tax compliance function, including support in review of international tax forms, review of foreign tax credit computations and the reporting of foreign source income and expense apportionment with respect to Form 1118 and be a technical resource with respect to U.S. international tax to ensure appropriate tax treatment for complex international tax matters
- Support the company’s ongoing and future tax controversy defense by ensuring consistent positions taken
- Lead and execute tax planning initiatives and working with our tax counsel to support the business with respect to M&A transactions
- Support the oversight of regional tax matters and liaise with local country corporate controllers to identify savings opportunities, risk exposures and ensure local compliance and alignment with global tax policies.
- Monitor ongoing tax legislation and inform management of the potential impacts to the Company
- Support automation of U.S. international compliance and other process improvements with the goal to create availability for business support and other tax value generating projects
- Support with computation and documentation of uncertain tax position (Fin48) as needed
- Assist in the review of local country returns and support the company’s income tax accounting group as needed
- Support in the development of tax department staff in furthering their tax technical know-how and experience
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Tax. Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation and/or CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience within a tax department of a large US multinational company, a public accounting firm or environment with exposure to transfer pricing and all other aspects of International taxation.
- Experience working on U.S. international tax compliance (Forms 1118, 5471 and 8858) and other transactional and planning projects
- Prior experience with local country legislation, in particular Canada would be a plus
- Experience with large corporate financial systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP or Hyperion a plus
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products required
- Ability to identify and execute process improvement initiatives
- Experienced and comfortable in dealing with personnel at all levels of the organization, and internal and external auditors
- Strong analytical, communication and critical thinking skills with an ability to multi-task and ability to look at the big picture
- Accurate, precise, logical work required; ability to stay focused and on task in order to research and solve accounting and tax issues
- Demonstrated initiative; motivated to exceed expectations
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.