Manager, Audit Analytics - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Manager, Data Analytics – Atlanta, GA
This position will be responsible for leading and executing the Audit Analytics Program which includes the development of analytics tools, talent, and capabilities, and will drive efforts to support the WestRock departments to identify opportunities to perform value added audit analytics to realize Company savings, enhance compliance, and develop continuous auditing and monitoring of transactions/data.
This role will support the Internal Audit (IA) department's aspiration of creating a strong risk/control assurance function, being consistently sought out for risk/control advisory services, delivering respected, valued, data-driven risk/control insights, and positively influencing continuous improvement of the changing global risk/control environment.
The position is a part of WestRock’s IA department and will report to the Director, Technology Audits.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Lead and execute the Audit Analytics Program, driving analytics skills across a diverse group of individuals within the IA department
- Drive continuous improvements in the Audit Analytics Program which will include continued development and support for implementation and maintenance of automated analytic and data visualization tools including, but not limited to Alteryx, SQL databases, Power BI, QlikView dashboards and other analytics/continuous monitoring solutions
- Oversee and support the execution of internal audit projects with a focus on developing and programming analytics and statistical tests to evaluate risks and controls over company activities as identified in the annual Internal Audit plan or supporting investigations
- Support all functional areas of IA including executing operational audits, compliance audits, plant audits, technology audits, and regular inventory observations
- Oversee work in compliance with department and company policies; drive continuous improvement of IA approaches, tools and methodologies, and productivity; support an internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program to maintain compliance with The Institute of Internal Auditors’ Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Data Science, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Engineering, Finance, etc.)
- Relevant experience required which must include at least 5 years’ experience with a Large Public Accounting/Consulting Firm (Audit or Advisory Services serving public companies) or 7+ years of industry experience (large Public Company Internal Audit, SOX department, or data analytics/data science team preferred)
- Data analytic skills, utilizing data and transactions to identify errors and provide business insights; strong problem-solving skills
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience, experience in successfully managing multiple concurrent projects with teams of at least 2+ members
- Experience in effectively working in a large team environment (within the department and on cross-functional teams) to solve multi-faceted business issues
- Strong technical abilities, working with Microsoft 365 and ability to learn new technologies efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface and collaborate with key stakeholders and leaders
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills with stakeholders at all levels of the company both verbal and electronic formats
- Confident working with individuals at all levels of an organization in a consultative manner
- Available to travel approximately 20%, which may include periodic weekend travel
- Master’s degree/MBA Plus
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, or equivalent data analysis/data science certification
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: SQL, Python, R for data analysis
- Fraud investigation
- Accounting, Auditing, Financial Reporting, COSO, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.