WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Engineer - West Point, VA
19th & Main St
West Point, Virginia, 23181
Process Engineer – West Point, VA
Manage technical projects aimed at product and process problem solving and/or improvements, cost reduction, and profitability improvement. Provide technical assistance to the operating departments to help them achieve the mill’s goals and objectives.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Improve the efficiency and cost of operations by working with Production and Maintenance departments
- Assist Operating departments by applying engineering approach to problem solving
- Work with hourly and salaried employees to improve mill results
- Become valued member of operating and maintenance team and learn supervisory skills
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Pulp, Paper Science
- At least 2-5 years’ industry experience
- Must have drive and excellent work ethic to progress into operations management positions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills essential.
- Must have well developed written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Office).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
What we offer:
orporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.