Mechanical Engineer – Solvay, NY
Solvay Mill is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with the ability to apply a wide range of design experiences and mechanical engineering expertise to capital projects throughout the mill operations.
How you will impact WestRock:
- By effectively managing large capital projects, this key role significantly impacts our ongoing ability to improve the productivity of the mill.
- Evaluating the performance of mechanical and electromechanical systems to determine best option for replacement.
- Meet with project stakeholders in various departments to develop project needs and provide ongoing engineering/technical support.
- Establish needs for all aspects of items required to develop, plan, and execute assigned projects such as engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and operations efforts.
- Develop scope, schedule, and budget plans for assigned projects.
- Prepare and publish detailed, scope, schedule, engineering, construction, and commissioning plans to effectively manage assigned projects.
- Manage required project documentation from project inception through implementation and close out.
- Manage assigned projects to perform within established scope, schedule, and budget targets.
- Prepare and submit project progress reports as required.
- Provide engineering and technical support to mill operations and maintenance departments as requested.
- Identify, plan, solicit, and arrange for all required support services required for assigned projects such as electrical, control, mechanical, civil, and other applicable engineering requirements.
- Identify, plan, solicit, and arrange for all construction and startup services required to support the implementation of assigned projects.
- Occasionally work as requested with larger project teams in a supporting role to facilitate the completion of larger projects.
- Conceptualize, document, distribute, procure, and expedite construction services required for assigned projects.
- Provide mechanical/civil engineering support for other project managers as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- 5-10 years’ experience in Project/Construction Management, Process, and Piping System design.
- Pulp/Paper manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of instrumentation, pumping systems, DCS Controls, and combustion systems preferred.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Must possess strong communication and teamwork skills. The ability to achieve results by influencing others and supporting the overall business.
- Ability to prepare projects for Implementation and Construction.
- Project Management during Construction.
What we offer:
orporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.