WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical Project Engineer - Syracuse, NY
53 Industrial Dr.
Syracuse, New York, 13204
Electrical Project Engineer – Solvay, NY
This position manages and supports the implementation of capital projects within the mill as well as supporting the mill electrical reliability and improvement efforts. The position requires strong project management and technical skills to coordinate different disciplines within the Engineering Department, Operations, Maintenance, consulting engineers, and vendors. Primarily, the prospective candidate should have the ability to manage several projects that span multiple engineering disciplines.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Perform and or manage all detailed design and construction of approved capital projects with the objective of meeting technical, cost, and safety goals
- Coordinate all factions of projects between engineering disciplines, Operations, and Maintenance Departments
- Perform Engineering studies for capital jobs
- Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that objectives are being met
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
What you need to succeed:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the heavy industrial or process industries, Pulp & Paper experience preferred
- Project management experience, PMP Certification a plus
- Must have experience in process design, power distribution, PLC/DCS and variable speed drives.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with a demonstrated continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Siemens/JDE Experience Preferred
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.