We have an opening for a Process Engineer to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Stevenson Mill in Stevenson, Alabama. Stevenson is centrally located between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama. This is a unionized facility with approximately 400 employees.
Experience ownership firsthand as you ensure the performance, reliability, and results of all equipment and corresponding maintenance and repair work (including contract work) at a world class corrugated medium paper production facility.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Looking for Process Engineer on Paper Machine or Pulp & Power side
- 2-3 years of experience
- Background in paper industry
- Possess drive and interest to progress into positions of greater responsibility
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Office)
- Ownership mindset
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: process engineer, process engineering, production efficiency, waste reduction, energy efficiency, paper machine, steam, recaust, power & recovery, power, recovery, boiler, boilers, paper, linerboard, pulp, pulp & paper, lime kiln, limekiln, trials, increasing speed, chemical reduction, paperboard, linerboard, containerboard, drywall, gypsum, brown paper, kraft paper