Process Controls Engineer - Stevenson, AL
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We have an opening for a Process Controls Engineer to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Stevenson Mill in Stevenson, Alabama. Stevenson is centrally located between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama. This is a unionized facility with approximately 400 employees.
The Stevenson, AL Mill is a fully integrated facility producing 900,000 annual tons of high quality corrugating medium. This position will report to Process Engineering Team Leader and will primarily support the pulping and power areas of the mill.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Interact with operations departments and provide system and process troubleshooting down to the field device level
- Work with operators and managers in optimizing processes by monitoring control loop performance and tuning and automating control systems.
- Provide on-call support on a rotating basis with other group members by being available to come to the mill at any time to troubleshoot, repair and assist with control system, process and field device problems.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Pulp, Paper Science with 3+ years of process control experience or equivalent experience with DCS & PLC’s
- Knowledge of motor controls, field instrumentation and control devices
- Capability in the use of computers in the Windows operating system
- Must have initiative and excellent work ethics to progress into operations management positions
- Must have well developed written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Keywords: process controls lead, process controls leader, process controls engineer, senior controls engineer, senior process controls engineer, process controls, senior control engineer, lead controls engineer, controls engineering, electrical engineer, bsee, electrical engineering, Allen Bradley, PLC, plcs, plc’s, instrumentation, rockwell plc, dcs, electrical engineer, hmi, hmi’s, hmis, modbus, control logic, control systems, control system, rockwell, commissioning, installation, panel design, OSISoft, process improvement, programming, troubleshooting, paper, pulp, packaging, wood products, osb, mdf, gypsum, manufacturing, controllogix, modicon, panelview, wonderware, p2p, scada, loop