WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a manufacturing environment and manage capital projects, maintenance projects, and reliability improvement initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop projects from conception to completion through the Company's Project Delivery Process, a Front End Loaded (FEL) process:
* Develop scopes of work for both projects and contracts.
* Estimate the costs of the projects to varying degrees of accuracy, up to and including as accurate as +/-5%
* Perform technical analyses and compare technical options.
* Prepare funding document requests, including writing reports of project development activities.
* Perform layouts, designs, sketches, and drawings as required to install certain aspects of projects.
* Prepare bid packages for engineering and construction services.
* Manage external consulting engineers on portions of or on larger projects.
* Manage external contractors during construction activities, including safe work practices, OSHA compliance, and quality and accuracy compliance to the project requirements.
* Manage and control cost on projects.
* Manage and promote compliance with mill safety rules, programs, and standards. Assure employees and contractors are instructed in safe work practices.
* Provide technical assistance on electrical and instrumentation (E&I) matters as necessary.
* Support and promote usage of the Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) process, Pareto charting, the use of equipment histories to further reduce variability, improve quality, reduce cost and/or enhance reliability.
* Seek and share best practices within the Roanoke Rapids Mill and the Company.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* BS Electrical Engineering from accredited institution
Previous Work Experience
* Previous experience or knowledge of power distribution systems, distributed control systems, PLC control systems, and other pulp and paper processes will be beneficial but not required.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled