Sr. Process Control Engineer
Panama City, FL
To maintain, support, improve, and optimize control systems for the process control of the Pulp, Power House, and Paper Departments of the WestRock Panama City Mill.
How you will impact WestRock:
- In all tasks and duties assigned, must be able to maintain a clear objective of the following order of priorities: Safety, environmental, quality, and production.
- Responsible in providing design, implementation, and support for existing and new Process Control Systems including Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), network configuration, and HMI software.
- Required to communicate and work with environmental, maintenance, production, and engineering levels for projects, work orders, maintenance revisions, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written form. Must have the skills necessary to effectively generate and compile email, status reports, project documentation, and a wide variety of other technical writing.
- Needs to be self-motivated and accomplish individual goals.
- Participate in the development and execution of a book of standards, control system diagnostics, standardization of system drawings and documentation, R&D of “the path forward” for controls in the mill, network and system security, optimization of processes, E&I training program, troubleshooting, E&I Website development, and migration plans for legacy control platforms.
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs, loop sheets, and electrical drawings.
- Must be willing to be on call to support the needs of production.
- Familiarity with GE Fanuc 90-70 PLCs, Bailey Infi90 DCS, Yokogawa Centum VP, Rockwell Automation PlantPAx (including ControlLogix), Wonderware, and Cisco switch programming is a plus.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Electrical Engineering is preferred. Other technical degrees and/or certificates may be acceptable, depending on skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in DCS, PLC, and HMI applications is required.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.