WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This is an entry level position from which new engineers develop for advancement into a variety of careers relative to paper mill manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Successful completion of projects related to process improvement, resolution of production problems and reliability improvement -- typical projects may include:
* Improving operational efficiencies of mill equipment and processes
* Mill trials of new equipment and chemicals
* Investigating abnormal mill operating issues
* Profit, productivity and quality improvements
* Equipment reliability and maintenance improvements
* Environmental, health and safety initiatives
* Training material and procedure development
* Capital projects
* Process troubleshooting
* Special projects and other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* B.S. in Mechanical or Pulp & Paper Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
Previous Work Experience
Prior co-op or intern experience related to field is preferred.
* Desire to work in an industrial environment and production oriented atmosphere
* Strong leadership capabilities
* Good time management and multi-tasking skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
* Strong initiative and perseverance
* Strong ambition for continuous learning, willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and desire to promote in the future
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled