WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The opportunity: WestRock is looking for engineering interns for Summer 2019 at our Longview, WA paper mill. Our goal is to place dynamic and driven students in our business to manage projects which support strategic goals, while learning about the real business world and gaining valuable hands-on experience.
The intern is responsible for assisting with the successful completion of projects throughout their experience. Projects can be related to process improvements, mechanical or electrical equipment reliability issues, solving of production problems, process control, or project engineering. As the student gains increased knowledge and experience, he/she will become responsible for completing independent projects.
Through this opportunity, the intern will apply concepts learned in engineering classes to real world experience. Interns will develop an understanding of an Engineer's role in an industrial setting and the general operations of a manufacturing facility. They will also expand their technical skills, with industrial equipment knowledge, pertinent computer programs/software use, technical report writing, and general problem solving.
* Chem-E or IE student with computer skills
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Must have successfully completed entry level engineering courses such as Statics and Dynamics and Introduction to Simulation
* Simulation experience, Simio experience preferred
* Safety conscious and willing to work in an industrial environment
* Strong leadership capabilities
* Good project planning and execution
* Excellent interpersonaland communication skills
* Initiative and perseverance
* Team player
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled