Senior Mechanical Project Engineer - Evadale, TX
1913 Hwy 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
This position manages and supports the implementation of capital projects within the mill as well as supporting the mill reliability and improvement efforts. The position requires strong project management and technical skills to coordinate different disciplines within the Engineering Department, Operations, Maintenance, Construction Contractors, Consulting Engineers, and Vendors. Primarily, the prospective candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects (concept through start-up) that span multiple engineering disciplines.
How You Will Impact WestRock
· Perform and/or manage all detailed design and construction of approved capital projects with the objective of meeting technical, cost, schedule, and safety goals.
· Coordinate all factions of projects between Engineering Disciplines, Operations, and Maintenance Departments.
· Perform Engineering studies for capital jobs.
· Assist Operating Departments, as assigned, to help resolve various operating problems and/or specify and install new or replacement equipment.
· Participate/lead efforts to sustain or improve mill reliability, safety, and cost reduction.
What You Need for Success
· The Qualified candidate should have 5+ plus years of system operation or design experience, functional understanding of the paper making process, and strong project management skills and technical skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Strong project management and leadership skills
· Flexibility to lead projects outside core area of competence
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect,
accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and
A career with a global packaging company where
Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational
elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/