About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Eutaw Alabama, Eutaw Folding
Continuous Improvement Engineer-Eutaw Alabama
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will have the ability to apply a wide range of design experiences and mechanical engineering expertise to capital projects throughout the folding operations.
How you will impact WestRock
· Support the Vision, Mission & Values of WestRock Safety and operational programs.
· Leads by example on establishing and sustaining a clean and well-organized department.
· Ensures a quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety guidelines
· Effectively manages large capital projects, that impact our ongoing ability to improve the productivity of the plant.
· Implement capital projects on time and within budget
· Controlling project costs by developing competitive bid packages, monitoring expenditures, administering vendor contracts, estimating, and quoting.
· Maintaining project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems
· Responsible for construction oversight during implementation phases of on-site construction
· Collecting and interpreting process data by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Attain certification in Lean Six Sigma improvement
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, CAD, Adobe)
· Able to independently manage various projects as required
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.