WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Process Engineer – Dublin, GA
The Sr. Process Engineer drives the implementation of Dublin’s Continuous Improvement Strategy by developing and leading projects aimed at reducing overall production costs, optimizing production processes, and improving product quality. The Sr. Process Engineer also provides capital project support by developing business cases, feasibility analyses, conceptual studies, and preliminary process design. Additionally, the Sr. Process Engineer provides operations support by assisting during new equipment start-up and trouble-shooting existing Mill systems. The Sr. Process Engineer reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Assist Continuous Improvement Manager in the ongoing development of Dublin’s Project Pipeline.
- Lead teams and execute projects having a significant impact on the Mill’s cash costs, including Kaizens, DMAICs, and Just-Do-It (JDI).
- Continually optimize existing processes to maximize throughput, reduce variation, and improve product quality.
- Develop data gathering, monitoring, and reporting systems to sustain gains from previous projects and identify new opportunities for improvement.
- Lead all process engineering aspects of capital projects, from front-end conceptual design through successful operation, including start-up, operations training, and post start-up optimization working in conjunction with the plant engineers.
- Provide technical support to Operations with troubleshooting quality and operational problems.
- Analyze problems within existing systems utilizing analytical abilities, and implementing recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible to be an active member in Lean Six Sigma projects. This includes holding multiple roles within projects.
- Assist in the development, coaching, and management of Early Career Development (ECD) candidates, Co-Ops, and Interns.
- Responsible for executing projects in a safe manner and observing all pertinent laws, codes and policies.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Pulp, Paper Science is preferred.
- 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills essential.
- Ability to present and justify projects to plant teams.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and data base applications and graphics to store, organize and analyze department operational data.
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology (training provided) to improve business processes.
- Exercise independent and discretionary judgment.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.