WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Engineer - Stroudsburg, PA
1 Paper Mill Road
Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania, 18327
The Process Engineer provides support by recommending and implementing modifications to the processes to optimize production, improve quality and reduce costs. The Process Engineer also provides engineering expertise for conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, system optimization, and trouble-shooting mill systems.
How You Will Impact WestRock
· Maintains, participates in and enforces, if required, the safety program for the production/process department; Complies with all applicable OSHA standards. Support environmental compliance.
· Provides technical support on operating parameters and process optimization
·Continually explores process changes to maximize throughput, improve product quality and/or reduce operating costs.
· Analyze problems within existing systems utilizing analytical abilities; implement recommendations for improvement
· Assist production with troubleshooting quality and operational problems
· Monitors pertinent quality and operating data
· Lead all process engineering aspects of capital projects, from front-end conceptual design thru successful operation, including start-up, operations training, and post start-up optimization.
· Lead and facilitate process improvement teams
· Support environmental operations including, but not limited to, effluent area, solid waste and air emissions.
· Manage all aspects of environmental reporting and permitting
· Support improvements to product quality providing support to customer inquiries, concerns and trials.
· Monitors coating preparation systems, formulations and inventories
· Support union lab technicians.
· Develop, implement and facilitate operational training programs.
Essential Job Requirements
BS – Chemical Engineering or Paper Science
· 3+ years of process experience; Pulp & Paper experience highly preferred.
· Ability to perform calculations and analyze results
· Ability to communicate effectively across departments
· Excellent problem solving ability
· Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and data base applications
· 6Sigma experience and knowledge of paper mill processes and equipment a plus
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.