About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical Project Group Leader - Cottonton, AL
145 Highway 165 South, PO Box 178
Cottonton, Alabama, 36851-0178
Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager, the Engineering Group Leader has staff responsibility and manages and completes numerous projects that span multiple engineering disciplines and mill areas with the primary focus on the paper machines, coaters, stock prep area, etc. S/he provides support to the Engineering, Maintenance, and Production departments to support the mill's safety, reliability, and improvement efforts
How You will impact WestRock
· Provide leadership for Electrical Project and Staff Engineers in the development and implementation of Mahrt Operation’s capital budget. Also, supports Maintenance Department in troubleshooting and long-range planning of the mill’s electrical system infrastructure.
· Supports Project Group Leaders and Project Engineers in the development and implementation of the electrical and controls portion of capital and expense projects.
· Leads the long-term planning for the Mill’s electrical system to minimize downtime associated with electrical failures.
· Maintain a highly reliable and coordinated electrical power system to minimize downtime related to power system disturbances.
· Maintain updated short circuit and relay coordination studies to properly size equipment protection devices for existing and new equipment installations.
· Objectives are set for the Electrical Group Leader via an annual Performance Plan. Formal semi-annual meetings are held to review progress against this plan and/or set new objectives.
· This individual will interact with all mill personnel, corporate employees, outside consultants and contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
· Responsible for the direction and/or oversight of consultants, contractors, and maintenance work associated with electrical capital or expense projects. Responsible for cost and scope control of these projects.
· Interacts with the mill's maintenance, engineering, operations, EHS, information systems and technical departments to address specific needs with design and implementation of their recommendations.
· Work on special projects as directed by supervisor or self-conceived in optimizing mill electrical systems.
· Individual recommends and makes engineering studies, makes recommendations for the most practical, safe, and economical solutions to engineering problems.
· Individual must be competent in time management, project management and possess the skills to direct others while focusing on the customer's needs. An understanding of the financial implications involved in decision making is important.
What You need to succeed
· Position requires a minimum of a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years related experience.
· Interpersonal skills such as building close working relationships and minimizing disagreements are important elements.
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Adaptability to rapidly changing working environments and operational situations.
· Physical ability to operate in paper mill environment, including light to moderate lifting, walking and climbing, oral communication, correctable vision, and ability to work in a hot, humid, and dusty environment.
· Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and presentation graphics, etc.
· Familiarity with electrical system modeling software (EasyPower preferred).
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.