About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical Project Engineer - Cottonton, AL
Highway 165 South, PO Box 40
Cottonton, Alabama, 36851
· Manage primarily electrical capital and expense projects of moderate to difficult complexity. Position also provides electrical engineering support for the engineering, maintenance, and production departments which contribute to the overall improvement of the Mahrt Mill operation.
· Responsible for identifying, reducing, and/or eliminating safety risk as part if implementation of capital and expense projects.
· Provide support planning for the Mill’s electrical system to minimize downtime associated with electrical failures.
· Assist in maintaining a highly reliable and coordinated electrical power system in order to minimize downtime related to power system disturbances.
· Assist in maintaining electrical system modeling software to provide short circuit and relay coordination studies as well as arc flash labeling for electrical equipment.
· Help maintain unity between mill documentation and electrical modeling software to reflect changes to the electrical system.
· Direct supervision of internal employees for this position is minimal; however, this individual will interact with all mill personnel, corporate employees, outside consultants along with contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Help train and develop co-op student for future engineering roles.
· Responsible for the direction of consultants, contractors, and maintenance work associated with capital or expense projects.
· Responsible for cost, schedule, and scope control of these projects.
· Interacts with the mill's maintenance, engineering, operations, EHS, information systems and technical departments to address specific needs with design and implementation of their recommendations.
· Work on special projects as directed by supervisor or self-conceived in optimizing
mill electrical systems.
· Individual recommends and makes engineering studies, makes recommendations for the most practical, safe, and economical solutions to engineering problems.
· Individual must be competent in time management, project management and possess the skills to direct others while focusing on the customer's needs. An understanding of the financial implications involved in decision making is important.
What You need to succeed
· Position requires a minimum of a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with up to 5 years related experience.
· Interpersonal skills such as building close working relationships and minimizing disagreements are important elements.
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Adaptability to rapidly changing working environments and operational situations along with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks.
· Physical ability to operate in paper mill environment, including light to moderate lifting, walking and climbing, oral communication, correctable vision, and ability to work in a hot, humid, and dusty environment.
· Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and presentation graphics, etc.
· Familiarity with electrical system modeling software is a plus but, not mandatory.
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.