About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Engineer - Battle Creek, MI
177 Angell Street
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
We are seeking a Process Engineer to be located in Battle Creek, MI. This position will provide daily guidance on operating parameters and process optimization. Provide engineering expertise for conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, system optimization, and trouble-shooting. Provide support by recommending and implementing modifications to the process to optimize production, improve quality and reduce cost.
How you will impact WestRock
· Improve the efficiency and cost of operations by working with Production and Maintenance departments
· Assist with shutdowns and startups; monitor key process variables; collect and analyze date; develop and implement training systems and monitoring tools; maintain equipment records as needed for process improvement; maintain chemical inventories and recommend new chemicals to optimize process; assist with capital projects; conduct trials.
· Assist Operating departments by applying engineering approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
· Work with hourly and salaried employees to improve mill results
· Become valued member of operating and maintenance team and learn supervisory skills
What you need to succeed
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Pulp, Paper Science
· At least 3-5 years’ industry experience
· Must have drive and excellent work ethic to progress into operations management positions
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills essential.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
· Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
· Need to possess a strong attention to detail and maintain accurate, timely results
· Proficient computer skills (including MS Office,). JDEdwards a plus.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.