WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical Engineer - Battle Creek, MI
177 Angell Street
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
This position is accountable for Reliability Driven Maintenance systems and programs to improve overall equipment effectiveness, institutionalize world-class maintenance skills and procedures, and drive reliability excellence and continuous improvement throughout the Battle Creek Mill. The Electrical Engineer will provide technical and troubleshooting support for Maintenance and Operations activities; and support general mill goals for safety, environmental and other concerns.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide E&I project engineering support to the Mill team on their projects
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical distribution, switch gear, instrumentation, and plant control systems.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Support facility 5 year capital plans with project planning, idea development, and project management.
- Develop/manage capital projects.
- Provide E&I expertise on maintenance work orders as needed. This includes plant electrical trouble -shooting.
- Lead the Mill’s Precision Maintenance Training Program for E&I shop.
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or data base, and correlates the data for analysis using well defined engineering techniques/principles/procedures in order to continuously improve processes and systems.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis of reliability problems and investigate to determine the reliability required for the situation considering the cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, weight, size, and availability of materials/equipment. Minimize future failures.
- Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes.
- Incorporates audit results, shop reports, Root Cause Analysis findings, corrective actions, and emerging technology and techniques in a continuous effort to improve on processes and specifications.
- Provide reliability expertise during design and implementation of new assets.
- Develop Electrical Equipment installation and repair documentation that will be returned by craftsmen, reviewed for quality assurance and maintained as a part of the electronic equipment history.
- Provide technical support to maintenance personnel on equipment repairs, troubleshooting
problems and equipment reliability issues.
- Confer with other engineers, design consultants, contract resources, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum Electrical Engineering Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in an industrial environment.
- JDE experience; pulp & paper industry experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving ability -- Determining causes of operating errors, developing and implementing sustainable solutions.
- Strong and effective communicator, including using skills of Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must have experience in process design, power distribution, PLC / DCS and variable speed drives.
- Strong leadership abilities including critical thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis Knowledge and Skills -- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to understand, support and enforce operational and technical policies.
- A sense of area ownership and urgency to act are required.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. Please note: For non-U.S. jobs please delete this footer.