The Project Engineer manages all phases of capital projects. Coordinates the planning, organization, safe execution, and reconciliation/acceptance of projects within budget and scope. Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that project objectives are being met.
This individual will follow a defined engineering process and develop project scope(s). Efficiently execute projects that support operational throughput improvement, facility/process sustaining, and health and safety goals, as assigned.
Supports goals for safety excellence, environmental responsibility, and other concerns, as appropriate.
This also includes providing technical direction and assistance to local facilities, as required.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Manage multiple capital functions including: planning, design, documenting, budgeting, and implementation.
- Influence and lead others through successful projects. This is a significant requirement of the job. Diplomacy, approachability, and the ability to foster trust are a must.
- Assess situations based on facts and quickly react to provide direction to individuals critical to the project or issue.
- Define problems, collect facts and data, and draw valid conclusions using input from others, as required to establish direction.
- Interpret a variety of technical information in various forms, and deal with several abstract and/or concrete variables simultaneously.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and summarize information and written materials. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documents.
- Coordinate and lead work with outside contractors on project scopes that vary. Maintain projects on budget and on schedule with transparent investment forecasting detail.
- Learn and understand maintenance/plant operations. Makes recommendations for training, improved procedures, manpower requirements, and selection.
- Generate drawings, specifications, detailed project timelines, and instructions necessary to convey project requirements to others.
- Dedication to ensuring a safe work environment and processes. Ensuring that strict process safety requirements are adhered to. Ensuring that all projects receive adequate hazard analysis prior to project start and project safety is paramount for the project duration.
What You Need to Succeed:
Engineering Bachelor’s degree not required, but preferred.
10+ years project management experience. Corrugated industry experience preferred.
The ability to travel up to 80%. Domestic and international travel, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to effectively communicate and create a shared understanding at multiple levels of the organization.
Solid ability to organize and plan and work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
Ability to complete assignments within established timeframes.
Attention to detail and accuracy in work and communication are essential.
Ability to interact collaboratively as part of a team.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw valid conclusions.
Strong leadership ability along with high ethical standards – uncompromising on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.