Project Controls Engineer - Atlanta, GA
Project Controls Engineer - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
** This role requires 95% travel per year **
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Project Controls Engineer requires engineering experience and/or education preferably within the paper industry. This position is initiated at a developmental level that focuses on learning project control (cost and schedule management) practices in a mill engineering and construction environment, then progresses into project controls oversight, program controls, outage & business project support. The learning process requires significant levels of travel (up to 95%) until skill are obtained that can be utilized in other capacities within the EMS team.
The Project Controls Engineer will play a key role in cost management, planning and scheduling for project within our mill system. This includes developing and executing schedules from preliminary engineering through project completion. This responsibility will be performed within the context established by the overall Project Controls function for managing cost, schedule, and Risk. This is a hands-on role that requires direct production of deliverables and alignment with existing processes and procedures.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Support cultural improvement in safety, inclusion, and engagement by serving as a role model for WestRock Vision/Values/Behaviors.
- Promote and follow Company and Mill safe work practices and procedures
- Support Corrugated and Consumer mill goals and guidelines.
- Outage, Capital, and Maintenance Project Support
- Execution of project controls function on outage/large capital projects within the mill system
- Review of cost and schedule documentation in support of smaller capital projects (confirmation of process and procedure adherence)
- Training, education, and maintenance of project controls standards and procedures
- Strategic Projects Development
- Generation of cost and schedule documentation to support strategic project efforts in conjunction with the Strategic Investment Method (SIM)
- Oversight of external resources deployed on strategic projects
- Business Project Support / EMS Team Support
- Support systems and analytics team with large data intensive projects and initiatives
- Development or tracking tools and processes for non-construction project work
- Support for large initiatives focused on continuous improvement within he mills systems and in coordination with Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma / Lean) techniques.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required, engineering degree preferred
- 1-5 years’ experience in project controls and scheduling, field/project engineering
- Proficiency with Excel—VBA or Macros knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with Scheduling Software(s) (e.g., Primavera P6 or P3, MS Project)
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Visio)
- Introductory knowledge of project controls principles related to industrial construction
- Ability to prepare and interpret analytical reports and forecasts
- Presentation skills that are effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills
- Focus on continuous improvement and process optimization
- Adaptability to change and able to respond quickly to changing demands
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations with limited standardization
- Ability to maintain a high productivity/activity level
- Strong technical and analytical skills
Preferred / Plus:
- Familiarity with Estimating Software(s) (e.g., Timberline, Success Enterprise, WinEst)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools (e.g., JDE, SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite
Keywords: project control, project controls, project controls engineer, project controls manager, program controls, cost management, planning, scheduling, capital project, capital projects, capital investment, capital investments, tracking, construction cost, construction costs, man hours, labor hours, timberline, winest, success enterprise, ms project, Microsoft project, primavera, p6, p3, vba, macros, excel, paper, packaging, corrugate, corrugated, cost, engineering, paperboard, linerboard, manufacturing
Sign up to receive emails when Westrock posts open positions you might be interested in: