WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Graphics Designer, Senior-Woonsocket RI
WFH-Rhode Island, Rhode Island, 11111
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: WestRock, Merchandising Displays Division has a position available for a Senior Graphic Designer in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. This position develops creative, innovative and appealing visual designs for Point of Purchase displays. In addition, the position will regularly interact with the client and needs to have a strong understanding of retail store specifications.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Interact with Account Executives and client to ascertain design needs and objectives
- Develop projects using standard techniques, such as, Sketching (fluid and fast),
- Rendering (using retail insights) and CAD visualization, computer-based Layout/paste-up and image correction
- Work independently or as part of a team on the development of original designs or adaptations of art work and/or designs provided by customers; collaborate creatively with Structural and Industrial Designers to develop projects and ideas
- Responsible for project development record keeping, file naming/part numbering, utilizing project management system
- Communicate project development path to Account Executives and client, as needed
- Develop presentation materials for Sales team
- Assist with presentation of abstract ideas, and provide technical support to Sales staff as needed
- Participate in store walk throughs with client and assist with questions/concerns
- Participate in or lead project review meetings with Sales, Project Management and other designers
- Travel, as required, for customer support, training, meetings, and manufacturing and assembly plant support
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, Fine Arts or Industrial Design is required. Prefer five (5) years’ experience in POP design.
Requires a creative and curious mind, mechanical aptitude, the ability to convey concepts with quick sketches and creative 2D problem solving skills.
Good verbal, written and graphics communications skills are also required with the ability to interact with a diverse group of people
Need a highly developed sense of aesthetics, print production knowledge, an eye to detail and good organizational skills, and must be able to drive projects to completion in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Adobe, Illustrator, Photoshop. Heavy rendering work, prefer Strata but From Z is also acceptable
This position will work both independently and may collaborate as part of a team
Needs a helpful and cooperative attitude, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and excellence
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans